Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Ultimate Rejection Letter; Doodle pages

The Ultimate Rejection Letter
Note: I found this here
This letter had me laughing so hard!


Herbert A. Millington
Chair-Search Committee
412A Clarkson Hall, Whitson University
College Hilla, MA 34109

Dear Professor Millington,
Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me an assistant professor position in your department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. THerefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor in your department this august. I look forwards to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,
Chris L. Jensen


And now for the doodles...

This one has no meaning whatsoever, but I REALLY like the rollercoaster. I'm not sure what about it is so fascinating to me, because it's not particularly detailed or anything, but I still like it.

The following doodles are from a project a friend of mind is doing. He was bored, so he made names for potential teams for a major league ultimate association. He had drawn a few of the pictures and asked me to help. He has one of my best ones with him, for the "Blades", but I'll find out if I can borrow it for a day to be scanned in.

The Cleveland Hounds:The D.C. Law:The Phoenix Burn:

And last, and possibly least, the Seattle Thorns

No comments: