Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"It's Just Not My Day"

You know how people sometimes say "Today's just not my day" when things all seem to be going poorly? Well, today I was thinking about it, because today was DEFINITELY "not my day". And I came to the conclusion that, according to that expression, we each have ONE day, in our whole lives. That one day is OUR day, where everything goes perfectly. Now, as I thought about it some more, I realized that on your day, it must be terrible. You know that this is your day, your only day, in your whole life. So, at first, your day, being unnaturally incredible, seems to be just perfect. Nothing going wrong, how bad could you feel? But that's when you start to realize, "Hey! This must be my day!" At first, this seems like a wonderful conclusion, but after a bit, you realize that this is in fact your worst day. It's your worst day ever, because you now know that it will never, EVER, be your day again. You realize that the rest of your life is going to be, if not terrible, at least far from euphoric. So, it's a pretty good thing that today wasn't my day. I hope it wasn't your day either!

Please keep in mind (due to some responses to this post from friends) This is not some emo-depressed post! It's HUMOR, people, humor! It would be better if I could show that by speaking it to your face, giving you the tone of voice and the facial expression, but I can't...maybe someday I'll add a video post and do so, though!

4 comments:

emw said...

Six lines from the bottom of the first paragraph, "by" should be changed to "be". The second line from the bottom, euphoria should be changed to euphoric. Best from your loyal editor.

Steph Reikine said...

Granted, but:

If you go to the pound, get shown a dog, and say "this pooch is just not my dog" (because said pup is missing three and a half legs), that does not mean that you only have one canine friend. You may, in fact, be a breeder of labradoodles and have six such creatures in your care. When you see the broken dog in the pound, you say "it's just not my dog" because it isn't, and then you return home to the six pals that are in fact yours (and make posters for the missing seventh, since you were in the pound for a reason).

Conclusion:
You can have more than one day where everything is perfect. That's why people get married, divored, and marred again. Well, maybe not the only reason.

Asya said...

Steph...
I think you meant to say married... Marred means distorted

KrazyHades said...
This comment has been removed by the author.